Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Salzburg, Austria (My favorite place)

As I sit here on the balcony of our hotel room,  surrounded by beautiful snow-capped mountains and lush greenery, I have to reflect on all that God has done for me. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be here, but I am also so thankful for my family and friends, and wish that all of you could be here,  too. God has created such beautiful things and I pray that all of us will be aware of that beauty in our everyday lives. For instance, as one example, have you ever considered just the multitude of different leaves that God has created - the different colors, shapes,  textures, etc.  It is incredible.  Yet, so often,  we never notice all of the things around us that God has created.  Beauty is everywhere. And I thank God for allowing me to see so many different kinds of beauty in the past three weeks. 

I think Lonnie is getting ready to go now,  so it's off to another adventure in my favorite place - Sound of Music country!

Okay, so it wasn't the adventure I was dreaming of. Lonnie decided we needed more computer stuff so we went to the shopping center in Wals. Since it was after noon, we had to stop and have lunch. Then we found that the mall we were at did not have computer stuff, so we had to go to a different mall. Then, we always see a movie in Wals, and since Iron Man 3 had just come out, we went to get tickets for the evening show. They were sold out for the night but had tickets available for the afternoon showing. Of course, it was in German so I understood very little of it. 

We finally made it to Salzburg around 7PM, and, of course, everything was closed for the night. We were walking the streets when we heard beautiful singing.  This week is the big choral festival and competition. Those competing had on their outfits for the regions they are from.  Another group was practicing for the competition as we rounded another corner.  How wonderful to have such beautiful music in the city of music!

As we were getting ready to leave,  we noticed that a stage had been set up. We walked over to see what it was for, and found out that there is a brass band competition this weekend.  On Saturday they will have alpenhorns. Of course I can't miss that,  so now we are staying until Sunday.

Hoping tomorrow will be a more scenic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment